HVAC Solutions in St. Petersburg, Pinellas Park, Clearwater, and surrounding areas
Are you searching for an HVAC company that performs air conditioning maintenance to a high standard? Viking Air is a veteran-owned business based in the local community that’s an industry leader in residential and commercial HVAC. When you hire us to maintain your air conditioner, rest assured we’ll dispatch a service technician who has passed a thorough background check. We’ll care for your AC system like it’s ours.
What Does HVAC Maintenance Include?
Viking Air is a certified, licensed and insured HVAC company that offers AC maintenance services. Our service technicians understand that every home is unique. We take pride in providing our customers with the information and options they need to make the best choice for their family.
Calibrate the Thermostat
Your HVAC system’s thermostat is its control center. It directs when to turn the system on and off and how much conditioned air it should blow into your living spaces. Calibrating the thermostat ensures that it runs as it should according to the program you’ve set. Doing so will maximize your home comfort and prolong the thermostat’s service life.
Check the Filter and Vents
The service technicians at Viking Air like to see a clean air filter when they check yours. Your air filter shouldn’t have any obstructions. The arrows on the side of the air filter should point in the direction of the airflow, which is usually up toward the ceiling or sideways toward the wall. If your filter sits at the bottom of your air handler’s cabinet, its arrows should point into it. Checking the airflow coming out of the supply vents is also vital. We make sure all vents are open and pointing toward your home’s major heat load areas.
Inspecting the Indoor Air Handler
- Inspect the auxiliary heat strips for proper amperage.
- Measure the running amperage of the blower motor.
- Inspect the UV system and elements to maintain growth prevention.
- Measure the value of the single capacitor, which powers the blower motor.
- Tighten all electrical connections in the HVAC system.
- Clean the evaporator coil and condensate drain pan with approved materials.
Inspecting the Outdoor Compressor
- Inspect the surge protector for the HVAC system.
- Inspect contact points and operation.
- Clear the drain line of any algae buildup with wet/dry vacuum.
- Wash the condenser coils from the inside out.
- Remove all the leaves and debris from the inside of the condenser.
- Measure he value of the starting capacitor and operation of the starting relay.
- Measure the value of the dual capacitor, which provides power to the outside fan motor and compressor.
- Inspect defrost board.
If you need to schedule maintenance for your HVAC system, get in touch with Viking Air. Our service technicians take pride in helping homeowners make their HVAC systems last longer and work more efficiently. We want you to cut your energy consumption, lower your cooling bills and reduce your carbon footprint. With our HVAC maintenance services, you can do exactly that!
Our Latest News
Why You Shouldn’t Install or Repair Your Heat PumpMarch 13, 2023Read More
Summer in Florida is hot, stay cool with Viking Air
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed